batch2sepa is an utility for Xero that allows you to convert batch payments created inside Xero into SEPA-compliant batch payment XML files.
First of all, sign up for an account. This is used to store your list of organisations and connect your Xero organisations to batch2sepa.
- Select outstanding bills in Xero for payment and select "Batch Payment"
- Fill in the details for the batch payment.
- Log in to your batch2sepa account you previously created
- In the Organisations tab, connect to your Xero account through "Add Organisation"
- Select the batch payment you just prepared
- Complete missing details (if any)
- If the batch payment's associated bank account number is a valid IBAN, double check this bank account number (and adjust if required)
- Click on "Convert to SEPA XML"
Upload the XML into your online banking environment and make the actual payment!
Select outstanding bills in Xero for payment and select "Batch Payment," and complete the details in the next screen.
After logging into batch2sepa, click Add Organisation in your Organisations tab.
Authenticate batch2sepa and allow access to the organisations you wish to make batch payments for.
The Overview tab lists all batch payments that have been made. At the top of the list, you can find the most recent unreconciled batch payments.
SEPA strictly requires an IBAN account to make a payment against. batch2sepa checks for your contacts' bank account details, and lets you add the correct IBAN/BIC details to them.
For IBANs without a BIC supplied, batch2sepa uses the NOTPROVIDED tag to let your bank know that a BIC has not been supplied. For foreign payments, this might incur additional charges from your bank.
If the bank account listed on Xero is a correct IBAN, batch2sepa will automatically fill in the debtor account. If not, then supply the account number from which you will make a payment.
Click Convert to SEPA XML and get your XML file instantly!